ACWRT -UK Annual Conference (2)
Time & Location
About the Event
Plans for our annual conference have now been firmed up.
We have always considered Gettysburg to be the pivotal campaign of the Civil War and arguably the turning point. From the initial meeting on July 1st between Burford and Heth, through to the Round Tops and Pickett’s charge, the stories have been told.
This year we are looking at some of lesser told stories, the “Forgotten Battles” that rarely get mentioned. We have kept up our tradition of inviting top class US speakers over and this year we are pleased to announce that Eric Wittenburg and Scott Mingus will be joining us.
- Eric will be talking about actions on South Cavalry Field and Farnsworth’s Charge.
- Scott will be talking about “The Second Battle of Winchester and the Louisiana Tigers”
- We will be represented by three RT members:
- Erick Bush will look at Alabama at Gettysburg
- Charles Rees will look at the East Field Cavalry Battle
- Derek Young will explore the role of Barksdale on July 3rd.
Events include the Friday night Icebreaker session led by Charles Rees, our traditional Saturday evening dinner with musical accompaniment.
There will be an auction on Sunday morning of items from the Johnson Collection. If things go to plan, we will also have a specially brewed beer!
Paul Meekins will be in attendance on Saturday. Please pay his website a visit and pre-order some books.
Full conference details and costs may be obtained from Peter Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our conference brochure will be sponsored by the National Civil War Museum of Harrisburg.
- Ticket for attendance£8£80£0
- Non Members Ticket£10£100£0
- Raffle Tickets (Optional)£1£10£0
- Donation (Voluntary)£1£10£0